Setting up a Microsoft Bing Account
1. Basic Setup Requirement
a. Shopify Store with updated product information.
b. Microsoft account (If you don't have one, create one )
c. Create an account on Bing Webmaster Tools (You can use the same Microsoft ID from above to log in)
2. Setup your Bing Webmaster account for your Shopify store
For creating a Microsoft Merchant Center Store, you will need to verify your store’s primary domain in the Bing Webmaster Tools.
a. Once you sign up to your webmaster account you will find an option to add your site on the upper left corner as shown above.
b. Click the “Add a site” button and you will have two options to verify your website/store
c. If you have already verified your site/store on Google Search Console then you can directly click on the first option.
- Click on Import.
- Login to your Google account.
- Select the domain from the Google account that you want to import or verify.
- You will start seeing basic metrics for your imported domain.
d. Now if you have not verified your website on Google console then you can manually enter your domain in the second available option to get it verified. Make sure that you are adding your primary domain
e. Once you add the primary domain, you will be given the following three options as shown in the below images to verify your domain
- In our case of verifying shopify store we will have to go with the second option highlighted in image below, click on the copy button to copy the metatag.
f. Copy the meta tag and open your Shopify store admin and follow the following steps
- Click on the Online Store on left-hand side
- Click on Themes> Actions> Edit code, once you do this you will see your code
- Open theme.liquid file. Find the opening Head tag, paste the copied Meta Tag under it and then Save the changes
g. Please make sure your store is already published and not password protected or blocked for crawling, using any other meta tag.
(Follow these steps to check and update it if it is password protected)
- Click on PREFERENCE option on left hand side as shown below (If your store is password protected then you will see a warning message ‘online store is password protected” as shown )
- Click on Disable Password and UNCHECK box shown below and click on SAVE
3. Setting up Bing Advertising Account
e. Once you select to agree with the terms and conditions, click on the CREATE ACCOUNT button. As shown below, a window will open with the following options
- Import from Google Adwords
- Create a new Campaign
f. If you simply want to replicate your product feed and catalog from the Google Ad account, click on Import from Google Adwords >> Sign in with the Gmail id with which you have created Google ad account >> select the AD Account >> Select the AD group that you want to import and you are done.
g. If you don’t want to import your campaign from google then you can select the option Create a new Campaign as shown above, then you will be able to see a window as shown below. For now click on the Skip Campaign Creation as shown below by arrow 1 (We first need to set up our store by connecting shopify store here, we will come to this part later)
h. Once you have skipped the campaign creation options, you will be directed to the following window where you have to fill in options such as Business Location, Business Address, Billing country or region, and Billing methods. Fill in the options and click on save.
i. Once you add all the details, you will be also asked to verify your address, click on the verify button and now you will be redirected to the Billing information section.
j. Add the following information
- Promotional offer (If you got any discount promo code)
- Billing country/region (While entering other details of a business account, make sure you are entering the details of the Business Location and not the details of the target country. For example, if you are an entity established in India, but planning to sell products in the United States, then enter the business details of India only.)
- Add the billing option as per your convenience (You have to add the payment information before starting the campaign. And you will be able to do that by clicking on this link given in the overview screen of the account.)
- Once you are done, you will be redirected to the Home page of Bing merchant center.
4. Setting up Store Merchant center and connecting Shopify store
a. Here once you are on the dashboard click on create store you will see the following screen
b. Enter the store name that you want to keep plus there are other 4 important details that you need to fill up carefully
- For domain verification, we need to select validated via Bing Webmaster Tools
- Add your store URL here
- Write in brief about what your store sells and does.
- Remember that you have kept your SSL checkout on otherwise Microsoft will straightaway reject your Microsoft Merchant Center store.
- Once you are done with this click on the next part you will be taken to the Aggregators page.
- In the Aggregators section make sure not to block the Aggregators. If you block the aggregators then you will not be able to show your products in Bing Ads.
- After this, they will redirect you to the Contact details page where you need to add information such as your Email address where you want to be contacted and the preferred language for the communication. Select your preferred language to receive any notifications from Microsoft, from the Language drop-down menu available under the “Contact Details” section.
- Now you are ready with your store set up, once you are done with this you will be carried to the store page, where you will see a default catalog( point 4), apart from that you will also see options to create your own feed (point 1). You also have options for navigating through the multiples feeds.(This is when you have a large no. of feeds to go through)
- Once you are done with this part you can move to our app, which will help you to sync your catalog from shopify effortlessly, apart from that it also helps you to optimize your feed strategically so that your catalogue gets submitted for Bing ads error free and up to the quality standards
This is the link to our app.> https://apps.shopify.com/bing-shopping-feed
5. Syncing your catalogue effortlessly & error-free on BING
a. Once you are on our app, go to the Integrations sections(Point 1) as shown below in the image and then in the Bing Shopping section click on the option Log In with the Microsoft Ads.(Point 2)
b. You will be redirected to the login page, login with the Microsoft Ads account >> Click on Yes. If you are already logged in, click on Yes.
c. Once you click on Yes, you will be redirected back to the app where you will have to choose your ad account, and then click on CONFIRM YOUR ACCOUNT. You will be redirected to the following window below.
d. As seen above you will have to choose the way you want to sync your store, for example
- Sale price with price: This helps you to submit both your actual price and selling price to the ad platform to know more about this please visit this Link
- Append UTM tracking parameters to URL: add additional tracking parameters provided by our app, to track your product's buyer journey.
- Then choose the product Id format that you want, our app provides three options as shown above
1. Global Format
2. SKU as product ID
3. Variant ID as product ID.
e. Once you are done syncing, you can see a new catalogue added in your Microsoft Advertising account below default catalogue.
Points to Remember:
- After the catalog is synced, the product count will be shown in the summary page of your Microsoft Merchant Center in around 24hrs.
- It is suggested that you don’t make any changes in the catalog settings till the products are shown.
- It might also display the error message that Catalog is empty. If the catalog details are okay, you can ignore it, because the app uses the Content API Method for feed submission and hence the products might not appear.
Pre-Installation (GSF) (6 Help Articles)
Automated Rule for Feed (8 Help Articles)
- Introduction to Variant Exclusion Rules in Feed For Google Shopping
- How to Exclude Variants Based on Inventory Quantity using Automated Rules
- How to Exclude Products or Variants Based on Products Title and Variant Title
- How to Exclude Products Based on Product Vendor & Use of Multiple Independent Rules
- How to Assign Custom Labels at Variant Level Using Automated Rules
- How to Assign Age Group Attribute at Variant Level Using Automated Rules
- How to Assign Gender Attribute at Variant Level Using Automated Rules
- How to Assign Energy Efficiency Class Attribute Using Automated Rules
Processes (GSF) (29 Help Articles)
- How to Enable Google Enhanced Conversion Tracking in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- Integration and Introduction to Facebook Enhanced Product Catalog
- Introduction to Simprosys-linked Google-calculated Delivery Speed Estimates
- Setting up a Microsoft Bing Account
- Step by Step Integration Guide for Simprosys Google Shopping Feed
- How to submit or exclude specific products in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- How to Verify your Domain in Google Merchant Center?
- How to Save Facebook Enhanced Catalog Attribute(s) under Shopify’s Product Metafields?
- How to and when to use default settings of the Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- How to Choose Different Options in Sync Settings from Shopify?
- Syncing Product Meta Fields and Use of Bulk Edit Feature for Fixing Warnings and Errors
- Step by Step Guide to Integrate Facebook Business Manager Account using Facebook Business Extension
- List of Target Countries, Languages, and Currencies Supported by Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App for Microsoft Shopping Ads
- How Can We Reactivate Google Merchant Center Account Once It Gets Suspended?
- How to submit the merchants' promotions or promotions feed?
- How to grant access to your Google Merchant Center?
- Google Shopping Schema Markup's Requirement (In the Store's Theme).
- How to Grant Access to your Facebook Catalog to our Support Team?
- How to submit your feed for Multiple Countries from Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- How to Approve Charge in Our App?
- How to Use Additional Image Feature?
- How to create catalog in Facebook Business Manager and submit it in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App?
- How to send a supplementary feed to Facebook and Instagram?
- How to integrate Facebook Catalog with Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- How to Customise Titles and Descriptions in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed using CSV?
- How to use "Bulk Edit Feature" in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- Channel Submission Process in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed
- How to Change Merchant Center ID in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App?
- How to add Contacts in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
Errors and their Fixes (14 Help Articles)
- Sync Errors From Google Merchant Center to Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- How to Fix "Missing or Invalid Data [Condition]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Age Group]" Error Using the Bulk Edit Feature
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Shipping]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Tax]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Color]" Error using Bulk Edit Feature of Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Gender]" Error Using the Bulk Edit Feature
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Size]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to fix "Missing Value [GTIN]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Unknown Product Category Value" Error in Merchant Center?
- Common Reasons for Google Merchant Center Suspension and their Fixes
- How to fix "Product Availability Error" of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Invalid Value [GTIN]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to fix "Unavailable Mobile and Desktop Landing Page Error" of Google Merchant Center?
Product Attributes and Optimization (15 Help Articles)
- Product ID and its options - Simprosys Google Shopping Feed
- Optimizing the Attribute "Product Title and Its Options" in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed
- How to Optimize Product Description Attribute in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- What is "Age Group" Attribute in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- What is "Gender" Attribute in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- Price, Sale Price and Compare at Price in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed
- Product Identifiers: Brand, MPN and GTIN
- What are Custom Label and how to assign them in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App?
- How to Setup Conversion Tracking and Dynamic Remarketing Code?
- Benefits of SKU as Product ID
- What are Ads Label and how to assign them in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App?
- What are Returns Label and how to assign them in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App for Buy on Google?
- What is "Condition Attribute" in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed?
- Benefits of Size System, Size Type, Unit Pricing Measure
- What are Shipping Labels and how to assign them in Simprosys Google Shopping Feed App?