Common Reasons for Google Merchant Center Suspension and their Fixes
- Help-Link for Landing Page Requirements for Shopping Ads: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/4752265?hl=en
- Help-Link for Checkout requirements and best practices from Google: https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/9158778?hl=en
- Help-Link for Google shopping schema markup's requirement: https://support.simprosys.com/faq/google-shopping-schema-s-requirement-in-the-store-s-theme
- Help-Link for Shipping Settings: https://support.simprosys.com/faq/how-to-fix-missing-shipping-information-error
- Link to contact Google for the re-evaluation of Google Merchant Center Account: https://support.google.com/merchants/contact/suspended?from=cuf_fix_acc_suspension
In this Help Doc, we will show all possible reasons for the Google Merchant Center suspension and their solutions.
Refer to the below major scenarios for Google Merchant Center, which cause an unexpected policy issue which leads to suspension of Google Merchant Center.
Scenario 1 Google Merchant Center shows “Insufficient Contact Information” message.
A Contact Us page or a footer section of a website must contain at least two information from the below:
- Physical Address
- Email Address
- Contact Number
We have observed many of our merchant’s websites only contain the “Contact Form” or “Contact Us” page which is not sufficient for Google to approve your contact details.
Once the above details are added on the Contact Us page, one can contact Google directly for the manual review of their account. Direct Link to contact Google Support is attached in the description.
Scenario 2 Please make sure to add all the legal policy pages to your online store as per applicable local regulations and legislations of your target market(s) that can be easily accessible to all the visitors for your stores. Required Policy Pages are as follows:
- Shipping Policy
- Return Policy
- Refund Policy
- Terms of Service
- Contact us page
Scenario 3 It is also necessary that your store lists all accepted payment methods, prior to a user starting the checkout process. You can add accepted payment method’s icons in the Footer Section of your store where it is easily & prominently displayed to your visitors.
Scenario 4 If your Google Merchant Center is suspended due to any reason or policy violations, you will receive a notification email from Google with further details. Also, messages regarding Shopping ads policies and account suspension are temporarily stored in the account and message archive of the impacted account.
Other Common reasons for Google Merchant Center Suspension:
- The back button is DISABLED on the Online store.
- Mismatch of Price, Availability, Shipping Charge or Tax rate between Landing page and value submitted in the Feed. This is also affected if there is an issue with Schema Markup added to your store. So, please also make sure to add the correct Schema Markup for your store with the help of your developer.
Follow the link appearing on your screen in the above I button to know more about schema markup requirements for Google Shopping Ads:
- Asking for personal details before allowing visitors to make purchases or take any action.
- Content is not easy to navigate or so many pop-ups are appearing on the landing page.
- Insecure Checkout
- The store is still password protected
- The landing page is not working: Please try to go through all the requirements for Landing page for Google Shopping Ads.
- The store is not globally accessible or might have blocked a few selected countries or IP Locations.
- Do not use a Currency Converter based on the location of the visitor. Like if your store’s default currency is USD and if any user visits your store from India it must show USD instead of INR. Under Google's Shopping Ads Policy: Each unique product/variant you submit must list the same exact data from the data feed, visually on the landing page, and in the structured data because Google automatically converts the currency based on the targeted location.
For Eg: If you are targeting India as per the above case then the Shopping Ads will be shown in INR as Google will automatically convert the currency based on the targeted country.
Raising manual review request from Google Merchant Center.
If you don’t resolve your issues after your first request for review, you can make a second request for review at any time. If your issues aren’t resolved after the second request, this will trigger a one-week cool down period during which the review button will be blocked. Your account will remain suspended during this period and you won’t be able to request another review. This one-week cool down also applies to all the subsequent requests for review. You can see the end date of any cool-down period by navigating to the Diagnostics page of Google Merchant Center account and clicking the Account issues page.
If you are still facing any issue or having any further queries then please raise a ticket at email@example.com
Pre-Installation (GSF) (7 Help Articles)
- Why Should I Try Feed for Google Shopping?
- For Which Countries and Currencies Feed for Google Shopping Works?
- Programs in Google Merchant Center
- List your Products for FREE on Shopping tab of Google Results
- Pricing for Feed For Google Shopping
- Missing Product Data error in Google Merchant Center
Automated Rule for Feed (5 Help Articles)
- Introduction to Variant Exclusion Rules in Feed For Google Shopping
- How to Exclude Variants Based on Inventory Quantity using Automated Rules
- How to Exclude Products or Variants Based on Products Title and Variant Title
- How to Exclude Products Based on Product Vendor & Use of Multiple Independent Rules
- How to Assign Custom Labels at Variant Level Using Automated Rules
Processes (GSF) (22 Help Articles)
- Integration and Introduction to Facebook Enhanced Product Catalog
- Step by Step Integration Guide for Feed for Google Shopping
- How to submit or exclude specific products in Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Verify your Domain in Google Merchant Center?
- How to and when to use default settings of the Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Choose Different Options in Sync Settings from Shopify?
- Syncing Product Meta Fields and Use of Bulk Edit Feature for Fixing Warnings and Errors
- How Can We Reactivate Google Merchant Center Account Once It Gets Suspended?
- How to submit the merchants' promotions or promotions feed?
- How to grant access to your Google Merchant Center?
- Google Shopping Schema Markup's Requirement (In the Store's Theme).
- How to Grant Access to your Facebook Catalog to our Support Team?
- How to submit your feed for Multiple Countries from Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Approve Charge in Our App?
- How to Use Additional Image Feature?
- How to create catalog in Facebook Business Manager and submit it in Feed For Google Shopping App?
- How to integrate Facebook Catalog with Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Customise Titles and Descriptions in Feed For Google Shopping using CSV?
- How to use "Bulk Edit Feature" in Feed For Google Shopping?
- Channel Submission Process in Feed For Google Shopping
- How to Change Merchant Center ID in Feed for Google Shopping App?
- How to add Contacts in Feed For Google Shopping?
Errors and their Fixes (14 Help Articles)
- Sync Errors From Google Merchant Center to Feed for Google Shopping?
- How to Fix "Missing or Invalid Data [Condition]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Age Group]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Shipping]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Tax]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Color]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Gender]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Size]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to fix "Missing Value [GTIN]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Unknown Product Category Value" Error in Merchant Center?
- Common Reasons for Google Merchant Center Suspension and their Fixes
- How to fix "Product Availability Error" of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Invalid Value [GTIN]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to fix "Unavailable Mobile and Desktop Landing Page Error" of Google Merchant Center?
Product Attributes and Optimization (15 Help Articles)
- Product ID and its options - Feed For Google Shopping
- Optimizing the Attribute "Product Title and Its Options" in Feed for Google Shopping
- How to Optimize Product Description Attribute in Feed For Google Shopping?
- What is "Age Group" Attribute in Feed For Google Shopping?
- What is "Gender" Attribute in Feed For Google Shopping?
- Price, Sale Price and Compare at Price in Feed For Google Shopping
- Product Identifiers: Brand, MPN and GTIN
- What are Custom Label and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App?
- How to Setup Conversion Tracking and Dynamic Remarketing Code?
- Benefits of SKU as Product ID
- What are Ads Label and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App?
- What are Returns Label and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App for Buy on Google?
- What is "Condition Attribute" in Feed For Google Shopping?
- Benefits of Size System, Size Type, Unit Pricing Measure
- What are Shipping Labels and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App?