Introduction to Variant Exclusion Rules in Feed For Google Shopping
We have just launched support for new Automated Rules for Feed within our app, Currently, you will be able to create a Rule for Excluding the Specific Group of the products or just specific variants from the feed from any particular Destination of Google or entirely from any particular Marketing Platform of Channel entirely. We are also working on supporting other attributes as well.
You will be able to use below listed data sources as a Conditions in conjunction with Operator and value to filter the items from your feed to exclude them that meet the criteria of the condition or Automated Rule.
- Product Title
- Variant Option name or title
- Product Price
- Variant Inventory Quantity
- Product Type
- Brand (Vendor)
You can use multiple conditions or rules together to exclude specific groups of products or variants by selecting “AND”. This can be anything, so long as it doesn’t contradict each other.
For example, you may create an Automated Rule to exclude Women’s Dresses which are priced less than 60.00 US Dollars.
You can also have the multiple rules that act on conditions independently. To do this, select "OR" and enter a second condition, so the rule will act on either the first or second condition. If either of the conditions entered is valid, the operation will be applied.
For example, you may apply the rule to Price Less than 40 US Dollar OR Inventory Quantity Less than or Equal to ZERO.
Important Points to keep in mind:
- When entering a price, use only the number without the currency.
- When using “equals”, make sure the value you enter exactly matches the value in your feed. For example, 25.00 may not be 25, $25.00, etc.
- Values are case insensitive.
- When you would like to add multiple values for the same Criteria like if you would like to exclude Product which is from Newline Fashion Brand or Modern Furnish Brand then DO NOT use OR to add 2nd condition, instead use Single Condition with an operator which end with “any of” as shown in below screenshot. So that conditions or rules do not contradict with each other.
Please follow the below steps for creating a new Automated Rule within our app.
- From the first drop-down menu, select any one data source from the available list of predefined options for the condition.
- From the second drop-down menu, select the operator for the condition. For example, “contains any of” or “is less than”.
- Then enter the value you’d like the condition to compare against. Like Newline Fashion for Brand or Any static number for Price or Inventory Qty.
- Please Choose the Destination(s) from the “Set to Excluded Destination” from which filtered products should be excluded. You can select multiple destinations for any particular Automated Rule.
- Click “OK” to Saving particular condition/rule
- You can also use “ADD RULE” option to add another standalone condition that You can use to exclude products based on different criteria or just from any particular Destination(s) only which are different from the destinations chosen in the earlier rule.
- Click on the “Save As Draft”.
- Click “Apply Rules” to save and apply any new or updated rules or use “Discard Draft” for removing the Draft Rules.
- Please click on “Yes, Apply” when it prompts for the Final Confirmation for applying the rule.
After an Automated Rules is applied, Our app will reprocess the entire feed for submitting an updated product data to respective marketing platforms. It may take a couple of hours to reflect the updated feed within your Marketing Platform.
To edit an existing rule, click on the grey box containing the rule in the "Rule" column. Apply any changes to the rule, and then click Ok and proceed for Applying Rules to save your changes.
Please refer to the below image how it will look like once you modify any of currently applied Automated to Rule and saving it as Draft Rule.
Hope this helps!
Feel free to get in touch with us for any further assistance by emailing us at email@example.com
Pre-Installation (GSF) (7 Help Articles)
- Why Should I Try Feed for Google Shopping?
- For Which Countries and Currencies Feed for Google Shopping Works?
- Programs in Google Merchant Center
- List your Products for FREE on Shopping tab of Google Results
- Pricing for Feed For Google Shopping
- Missing Product Data error in Google Merchant Center
Processes (GSF) (22 Help Articles)
- Introduction to Variant Exclusion Rules in Feed For Google Shopping
- Integration and Introduction to Facebook Enhanced Product Catalog
- Step by Step Integration Guide for Feed for Google Shopping
- How to submit or exclude specific products in Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Verify your Domain in Google Merchant Center?
- How to and when to use default settings of the Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Choose Different Options in Sync Settings from Shopify?
- How Can We Reactivate Google Merchant Center Account Once It Gets Suspended?
- How to submit the merchants' promotions or promotions feed?
- How to grant access to your Google Merchant Center?
- Google Shopping Schema Markup's Requirement (In the Store's Theme).
- How to Grant Access to your Facebook Catalog to our Support Team?
- How to submit your feed for Multiple Countries from Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Approve Charge in Our App?
- How to Use Additional Image Feature?
- How to create catalog in Facebook Business Manager and submit it in Feed For Google Shopping App?
- How to integrate Facebook Catalog with Feed For Google Shopping?
- How to Customise Titles and Descriptions in Feed For Google Shopping using CSV?
- How to use "Bulk Edit Feature" in Feed For Google Shopping?
- Channel Submission Process in Feed For Google Shopping
- How to Change Merchant Center ID in Feed for Google Shopping App?
- How to add Contacts in Feed For Google Shopping?
Errors and their Fixes (13 Help Articles)
- Sync Errors From Google Merchant Center to Feed for Google Shopping?
- How to Fix "Missing or Invalid Data [Condition]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Age Group]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Shipping]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Color]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Gender]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Missing Value [Size]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to fix "Missing Value [GTIN]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Unknown Product Category Value" Error in Merchant Center?
- Common Reasons for Google Merchant Center Suspension and their Fixes
- How to fix "Product Availability Error" of Google Merchant Center?
- How to Fix "Invalid Value [GTIN]" Error of Google Merchant Center?
- How to fix "Unavailable Mobile and Desktop Landing Page Error" of Google Merchant Center?
Product Attributes and Optimization (15 Help Articles)
- Product ID and its options - Feed For Google Shopping
- Optimizing the Attribute "Product Title and Its Options" in Feed for Google Shopping
- How to Optimize Product Description Attribute in Feed For Google Shopping?
- What is "Age Group" Attribute in Feed For Google Shopping?
- What is "Gender" Attribute in Feed For Google Shopping?
- Price, Sale Price and Compare at Price in Feed For Google Shopping
- Product Identifiers: Brand, MPN and GTIN
- What are Custom Label and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App?
- How to Setup Conversion Tracking and Dynamic Remarketing Code?
- Benefits of SKU as Product ID
- What are Ads Label and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App?
- What are Returns Label and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App for Google Shopping Actions?
- What is "Condition Attribute" in Feed For Google Shopping?
- Benefits of Size System, Size Type, Unit Pricing Measure
- What are Shipping Labels and how to assign them in Feed For Google Shopping App?