How to implement Google Analytics 4 (GA4) tracking from the Simprosys Google Shopping Feed app?
As you may be aware, Google recently introduced Google Analytics 4 - the latest tracking option in their suite of analytics tools, which collects event-based data from both websites and apps. To keep up with this latest development, we have added the option to enable GA4 tracking directly from our Simprosys Google Shopping Feed app.
You will be glad to know that you can either choose the already created GA4 property or create new ones from within the app. This setup will help you track and report all the standard events for your online store in the most accurate manner. Currently, the standard events include add_to_cart, begin_checkout, purchase, search, view_cart, view_item, view_item_list.
Below are the simple steps that you need to follow for quick implementation:
2. After clicking on the above-mentioned link, you will be prompted to select the email address that has access to your Google Analytics account.
3. Now, select the Google Analytics account that you want to integrate. The next step after selecting the Google Analytics account is to select the GA4 property. You can either select an existing GA4 property or create a new one from our app.
4. After you are done with the option of GA4 property, you have to select the GA4 measurement ID. Here also, you can either select an existing one or create a new one. In case you create a new GA4 property within our app, the Measurement ID will be automatically generated. If you select an existing GA4 property, you will then have to select the respective Measurement ID. Click on confirm and proceed to the next step.
5. Once you are done with the measurement ID, click on confirm and you will get the option to link your Google Ads account to this property. Choose the Google Ads account you want to link and click on Confirm Account Linking.
6. Further, you will get the option to import the web metrics to your Google Ads account by following the steps mentioned on the page. You can either proceed with it or you may skip this process. Please note that this process needs to be done manually in your Google Ads account.
Linking your Google Ads account to your GA4 property will help you discover the full customer journey to how they finally complete the goals you have set on your online store. This step is optional but is highly recommended to understand the user journey.
7.After the steps related to linking your Google Ads account are completed, next comes the option to link your Google Merchant Center account with the Google Analytics 4 property. Just like you followed the steps for Google Ads, you may continue with the linking or skip it.