How to set up Shipping Settings in Google Merchant Center?
In this doc, we will be covering the details to set up the shipping settings in Google Merchant Center.
Note: Our plugin does not sync the shipping settings from the WooCommerce store. So you have to set up the shipping settings separately in Google Merchant Center, the same as you have set up in the WooCommerce store.
- To setup the Shipping settings in Google Merchant Center navigate to settings option > Shipping and Returns
- Add Shipping services name (you can keep this as per your convenience which is easy to remember as this name will not be shown to customers anywhere) and select the countries for which you are submitting feed if the shipping charges are the same for them and proceed with “Next”.
- Shipping settings for multiple countries can be achieved with the same setup.
- In the below screenshot, you can see that multiple countries can be selected if you want to set up the same shipping settings.
- The criteria for this would be, if the countries have the same shipping rates then you can include the additional countries else you can create separate shipping services for each country.
- It will ask to select the Delivery times.
- It helps Google to display the estimated delivery time in Shopping Ads results based on the combination of Handling time and Delivery time you will provide here, so please add it wisely. Once you have entered the details click on “Next”.
- Now, the next part will be adding shipping costs which have further options as stated below:
- Free Shipping Over a Certain Amount
- Free Shipping
- Flat Rate
- Add the shipping cost the same you have selected in your WooCommerce store.
- The initial steps are the same for all the shipping settings such as assigning shipping service names, selecting countries, and currency.
A. Free Shipping Over a Certain Amount: This shipping setting should be the same as the “a minimum order amount” shipping settings in the WooCommerce store.
Check the below steps to create the shipping settings in Google Merchant Center.
B. Free Shipping: This option works when you want to keep free shipping for the products. Further steps are detailed below:
C. Range Based: This shipping setting helps when you have shipping charges based on different price ranges.
D. Flat Rate: In the “Flat Rate” as it is the same method selected in the WooCommerce store.
E. Carrier-based: This shipping setting is used when you want to charge shipping based on the carrier-calculated rate. There are two scenarios to set up the carrier-based shipping settings.
The first scenario will help you link the Partner for Shipping and Delivery time. This will help Google to calculate the estimated delivery time for each location automatically. That Google uses to display Shopping Ads Result to customers.
In the second scenario, you need to define Order cutoff time, Handling Time, and Transit time, and based on these settings Google will show estimated delivery time which will mostly be the same for the entire country even if the Order will reach early to the Destination.
- There are more options to explore or filter products on which you want to apply shipping settings.
- If you have assigned shipping labels to a specific group of products and want to create any of the above shipping services then you can use the option of “Switch to advanced settings”.
- Filter “Products based on Shipping Labels” and then you can assign the shipping settings based on the shipping labels for various groups of products.
For more details regarding Shipping Labels and how to assign them in Shopping Feed For Google plugin, please refer to the help doc:
We hope this document will be helpful. If you have any queries, you can write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will definitely help you.
Pre-Installation (2 Help Articles)
Processes (21 Help Articles)
- Step By Step Integration Guide For Shopping Feed For Google
- How to Verify and Claim your Domain in Google Merchant Center?
- How to Submit Additional Images?
- How to Choose Different Options in Sync Settings from WooCommerce?
- What are Shipping Labels and how to assign them in Shopping Feed For Google?
- How to set up Shipping Settings in Google Merchant Center?
- How to submit feed for Multiple Countries from our Plugin?
- How to Submit Merchants’ Promotions or Promotion Feed?
- Default Settings Option in Shopping Feed for Google plugin
- Channel Submission Process in Shopping Feed For Google.
- How to use "Bulk Edit Feature" in Shopping Feed For Google Plugin?
- How to set up Tax Settings in Google Merchant Center?
- How to grant access to your WooCommerce store?
- How to grant access of your Google Merchant Center to our Support Team?
- How to Setup Google Conversion Tracking and Dynamic Remarketing Tags?
- Different Programs in Google Merchant Center
- How to Customize Titles and Descriptions in Shopping Feed for Google
- Guide to enable Simprosys-linked, Google-Calculated Delivery Speed Estimates
- How to fix "[id] validation/missing_required: Invalid or missing required attribute: id:” Error?
- Step by Step Integration Guide to link the Facebook Business Account with our plugin
- Errors related to GTIN and how to rectify them.