How to fix "[id] validation/missing_required: Invalid or missing required attribute: id:” Error?
Every product submitted to Google Shopping needs to have its own unique ID in order to pass Google’s verification and be served among the Shopping ads results.
At every stage of advertisement, analysis, correction, and optimization, everything is shown with the reference to the ID of the product.
In order to resolve this error, you will need to assign the required attribute: id as per the product ID format you have selected.
Let’s understand this with an example:
Here the selected ID format is SKU as Product ID for the products in our plugin.
However, some of the products are missing the SKU value. Those products can be filtered out using the filter option from our plugin.
Filter the products with the option “Error From Merchant Center” and select the error “[id] validation/missing_required: Invalid or missing required attribute: id:” and you will be able to see the list of products that are missing the SKU values.
We suggest you assign the SKU values to those products on your WooCommerce store.
Assign the SKU with a minimum of 4 alphanumeric characters in your WooCommerce store for the affected product to fix the error.
This error will also appear if some variations of the products have the SKUs and some variations are missing the SKUs.
For the variable products, you will have to assign unique SKUs for each variation. See the image below to navigate through your WooCommerce store to assign the SKUs.
Note: Don't assign a single character value or 10,100,1000 as SKU because Google doesn't accept this kind of value.
As soon as you assign the SKU values to the product, they will be fetched by our plugin and submitted to the Google Merchant Center within 30 minutes and the error will be removed.
Further, if you do not wish to assign SKUs to your products then we strongly recommend to change the product id format for your products with the help of our team.
We hope this will be helpful. If you have any questions or concerns, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’d be happy to assist you.
Pre-Installation (2 Help Articles)
Processes (23 Help Articles)
- Step By Step Integration Guide For API Feed for Google Shopping and Facebook by Simprosys for WooCommerce
- How to Verify and Claim your Domain in Google Merchant Center?
- How to Submit Additional Images?
- How to Choose Different Options in Sync Settings from WooCommerce?
- What are Shipping Labels and how to assign them in API Feed for Google Shopping and Facebook?
- How to set up Shipping Settings in Google Merchant Center?
- How to submit feed for Multiple Countries from our Plugin?
- How to Submit Merchants’ Promotions or Promotion Feed?
- Default Settings Option in API Feed for Google Shopping and Facebook
- Channel Submission Process in API Feed for Google Shopping and Facebook.
- How to use "Bulk Edit Feature" in API Feed for Google Shopping and Facebook?
- How to set up Tax Settings in Google Merchant Center?
- How to grant access to your WooCommerce store?
- How to grant access of your Google Merchant Center to our Support Team?
- How to Setup Google Conversion Tracking and Dynamic Remarketing Tags?
- Different Programs in Google Merchant Center
- How to Customize Titles and Descriptions in Shopping Feed for Google
- How to fix "[id] validation/missing_required: Invalid or missing required attribute: id:” Error?
- Guide to enable Simprosys-linked, Google-Calculated Delivery Speed Estimates
- Step by Step Integration Guide to link the Facebook Business Account with our plugin
- Errors related to GTIN and how to rectify them.
- How to Enable Google Enhanced Conversion Tracking from our plugin?
- How to Assign Custom Labels at Variant Level Using Automated Rules from our plugin?
Last updated Wed, Apr 27 2022 3:07PM