How to use "Bulk Edit Feature" in google shopping feed app?
When you are working on a store with a relatively large number of products, you need a reliable and efficient system which can help you Add/Update/Delete following values in bulk with fewer efforts:
- Google Product categories
- Custom Product
- Custom Labels (0 to 4)
- Shipping Label
- Promotions mapping for specific products
- Sync meta-fields
First, you need to know how filtering works. You must know your product data really well to use "Filtering Feature".
Here's how you can use "Filtering Feature':
1 - Click on "Filter Products":
2 - You can apply the filters of below-listed values:
3 - You can apply multiple filters to reach to a particular group of products.
4 - Once you have reached to the particular group of products which needs to assign same value either for Google Product category or Gender or Color or Shipping Label or Custom Label or Size, select the products as given in the screenshot:
5 - If the filtered products are spread across multiple pages, please follow the process given in this screenshot below:
6 - Once you know you have reached to a particular group of products on which you can apply single value in bulk for all the selected products:
7 - Once you have chosen right kind of edit for selected products. You will be shown a pop-up, that you can use as per the following screenshot:
8 - Here are the following details of different edits, updates or deletes you can make:
- Google Product Category: Search the right kind of Google Product Category and select it. Then click on "Apply in Bulk".
- Set custom product: If you want to mark the product as custom "check the box" in the popup. Then click on "Apply in Bulk". If your product is already marked as custom but now wants to submit the identifiers> 1 - Check the box and then deselect it again. Now, click on "Apply in Bulk".
- Product Condition: By default, app sets Product Condition as "New". But, if you want to change the product condition to "Used or Refurbished", just select the right value from the drop-down and then click on "Apply in Bulk".
- Age-Group: Select the right age group from the drop-down and then click on "Apply in Bulk".
- Custom Color: When Google disapproves product because it is lacking color details of the product, you can set the color from the app. This addition of color attribute won't be added back to the product in the Shopify. It will be only for the product feed in the merchant center. Put in the color you want to add and then click on "Apply in Bulk".
- Custom Size: It is same as custom color, the only difference is Google asking for the size, please add in the size and then click on "Apply in Bulk".
- Gender: Gender is not preset in the app by default. You will have to select the right option from the drop-down and then click on "Apply in Bulk.
- Custom and Shipping Labels: Just put in the value of the label you want to add and then click on "Apply in Bulk".
- Set Promotions: If you have set any "Promotion for Specific Products", it will be available as a drop-down option. Select the right one and click on "Apply in Bulk".
However, sometimes it can take up to 19 mins. If product status does not change to submitted in next 20 mins, kindly get in touch with the support team.
Pre-Installation (GSF) (3 Help Articles)
During Integration Process (GSF) (4 Help Articles)
Errors and their Fixes (14 Help Articles)
- Synchronize errors from google merchant center to google shopping feed app?
- How to fix "Missing or invalid data [condition]" error in merchant center ?
- How to fix "Missing value [age group]" error in merchant center?
- How to fix "Missing value [shipping]" error in google merchant center?
- How to fix "Missing value [tax]" error in google merchant center?
- How to fix "Missing value [color]" error in google merchant center?
- How to fix "Missing value [gender]" error in google merchant center?
- How to fix "Missing value [size]" error?
- How to fix "Invalid value [GTIN] " error in google merchant center?
- How to fix the error 'invalid price of a variant"?
- How to fix "Unknown product category value" error in merchant center?
- How to grant access to your google merchant center?
- How can we reactivate google merchant center account once it gets suspended?
- How to fix "product availability error" in google merchant center?
After Installation (GSF) (7 Help Articles)
- How to use "Bulk Edit Feature" in google shopping feed app?
- Why MPN and/or Barcode values are empty?
- How to submit the merchants' promotions or promotions feed?
- Google product category help
- Product titles and descriptions
- Google shopping schema markup's requirement (In the store's theme).
- How to submit your feed for Multiple Countries from Google Shopping Feed App.
Product Attributes and Optimization (8 Help Articles)
- Product id and its options - google shopping feed
- Optimizing the attribute 'Product title and its options" in google shopping feed app
- How to optimize product description attribute in google shopping feed app?
- What is age group attribute and how it can be optimised in google shopping feed app?
- What is "gender attribute" in google shopping feed?
- Price attribute in google shopping feed, price, sale price and compare at price.
- Product identifiers, brand, MPN and GTIN
- How google shopping product data is mapped to different data points in Shopify and app and how can they be customized?
Last updated Thu, Apr 11 2019 2:38pm