Create Promotion Feed for FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS
Google and Bing both have the same way of creating the promotions feed. The only difference is Google can accept promotions feed via Google doc's spreadsheet, whereas Bing does not accept that format. Apart from that method, both accept TXT, XML and CSV file submissions.
This app provides you Shopping promotions feed which works with both Google and Bing. This app uses XML file format for promotions submission.
Let us discuss, how this app builds "Promotions Feed" in a field by field process:
Creation of Shopping Promotions Feed:
1 - promotion_id
Promotion ID is created by app itself and you don't have to do anything for this field.
2 - long_title
This is the text which will be displayed to users of Google and Bing when they click on the "Special Offer" link within your Shopping Campaign Ad. There is a character limit of 60.
Make sure, you follow their detailed.policy guidelines:
3 - product_applicability
There are two options, you will have to select anyone.
- ALL_PRODUCTS: When you select "All products" from the feed creation form, app on its own puts "ALL_PRODUCTS" in the feed. Currently, the app supports only the "All Products" option.
- SPECIFIC_PRODUCTS: When you select this field, you will have to select which products will have this promotion applicable.
4 - offer_type
This field helps Google, Bing and their users understand if a code is required for redemption of the promotion or not. There are two options which define this field:
- NO_CODE: Select "No code" if your promotion does not require any code during checkout to take benefit of.
- GENERIC_CODE: Select "Generic Code" option, if during the checkout, they need to put in any code despite fulfilling the other criteria of promotion. You will have to submit a promo code in the next field if you select "Generic Code" option.
5 - generic_redemption_code
Generic redemption code is the code your customers are going to use while claiming the benefit of promotion during checkout. Please mention it here.
6 - promotion_effective_dates
Promotion Effective Dates are the dates during which promotion will be running on your site.
Google and Bing need other parameters like Start time on the starting date, End time on Ending date and Timezone of the store also.
On Shopify, you can not have discount coupons ending somewhere in between the day, so we have skipped that feature to select the time to make it more user-friendly.
App on its own will add start and end time with store's timezone in the feed.
7 - promotion_display_dates
Promotion display dates are the dates during which Bing and Google will add "Special Offer Extension" along with your promotion details in your Shopping Ads.These dates can not be outside the range of "Effective Dates".
8 - minimum_purchase_amount
If any discount claim needs a minimum purchase amount, please specify here
How to submit Promotions Feed?
Once you have created a promotion within the app. You will get an XML file URL. Please copy it from the app and paste it as suggested by Bing and Google.
Here's how you can submit links in Bing as well as Google:
Before Installation - FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS (4 Help Articles)
During Installation - FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS (5 Help Articles)
- Step by Step Integration of FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS App
- How to Create a Microsoft Advertising Account & Microsoft Merchant Center Store?
- Create Promotion Feed for FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS
- How to Create and Update FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS (XML Version)?
- How to Submit Bing Shopping Feed for Shopify Store (XML Version)?
After Installation - FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS (5 Help Articles)
- How to Check Whether FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS is Working or Not?
- Update of Custom Labels, Google Product Category, Age,Condition, Gender, (meta-fields)
- What is "Promotion Feed" in FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS?
- Setup Dynamic Facebook Re-Marketing using FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS
- Creation and Submission of FeedAPIs For Bing Shopping /MS